Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mild temperatures ... time to go out with a cape

I saw for some month a cape pattern by Vogue but I didn't know how it woul'd look like...

But as I saw this cape made from Erica, I was persuaded : Yes, it looks good!!!

Hier is the Pattern : Vogue 8776



I love the style of the cape!


And here is mine! :-)



Yes, I know... it remenbers  Little Red Riding Hood ...  but I doesn't matter! :-)

I used a wool/cashmere fabric and I sewed the cape in size XS.
I didn't want to have a too wide cape.

I used like Erica covered snaps.


The cape is unlined, so I sewed biais inside :




But I'm not agree with the Vogue degree "Very Easy"!



It's difficult to sew correctly the armholes with the instructions or you have to use perhaps specially feets ...







Ok, I don't know all the sewing methods! I'm only a advanced beginner ... :-)

And you have to handsew a lot of pieces together!!!










But I like it very well ...






... even if it's not easy to make normally things like driving auto or go shopping for example...

because you can't really put your arms up! :-(




3 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic, so very stylish and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love love it!! The colour is fabulous. I was going to make mine in black, but seeing it in a gorgeous colour such as this has me re-thinking my plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did a great job! I love the red.

    ReplyDelete