Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Red hot !





As I saw the Vogue pattern 1194 and I fell immediately in love with this dress!

I had to sew it! :-)
 

 
We can find a lot of reviews for this dress!
I'm not the only one, who like and made it :-)





I have found a lightweight wool fabric with spandex in my favorite color : red!

Light but hot!





I cut a size smaller than normally because I didn't want to have too much fabric at the hips.
 

I omited the pockets (who needs extra fabric at the hips:-)

I didn't add in the elastic at the belt and  I didn't curve the band because it looked pregnant on me :-(  hmm ... not very flattering! 















I didn't make my usually FBA because there is enough fabric at the bust with the pleats.

I sewed up the V about 1" because it was a bit plunging









 




It is indeed a designer pattern ( from DKNY) but so easy and quick to make!


Fitted bodice and loose fitting gathered skirt make it very comfortable whilst looking quite elegant!



 

And you can wear this dress with flats, heels, or boots ...


 I'm wearing it for exemple with these ankle boots






No comments:

Post a Comment