Sunday, December 5, 2010

The vintage coat project - Steps 1 and 2

Next steps for the coat!

The front and back pieces have darts.

I tought .. no problem!

But I didn't use a fabric for interfacing but a light fabric like vlieseline.

And I asked me, how I would put the fabric and the interfacing pieces together .....

because both pieces have darts.

I don't know since when fabric like vlieseline exists... 
But I think vlieseline wasn't used in the sixties!


Finally I decided to iron at first the facing pieces with the fabric pieces together and than to sew the darts.

Now I have to sew the darts!

See you soon for the next step!

No comments:

Post a Comment