Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A new dress ... for winter!

The weather is getting cold!
I needed a dress but a wool dress because I'm always cold! :-)




I bought this Vogue pattern last year: V8593
and I wanted to make the dress with a fabric who keeps a little warm.


I choose the dress version with 3/4 length sleeves.



 

I found last week a lightweight knit wool in a grey color, they didn't have a big choice an colors, but it's geat.

I cut the top in size 10 and at the waist and hips size 12, not to close fitting at the hips :-(

I usually make FBA but with the knit fabric I didn't need it.

This dress is very confortable!
I was making some dress pictures for the blogg but I couldn't take the dress off ... so confortable! :-)

The dress has back and elbows darts and an invisible zipper.









About the pleats... hmm... it's not the same pleats as the pattern :-(

I marked the pleats at the wrong side... so that the pleats are going to the wrong direction :-)

It realized it too late, but it doesn't matter, anyway it's ok!







                                                                                                                                                          

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous little black dress. The style is lovely - it will be nice and warm for winter but still very elegant! (I don't think it matters at all that the pleats are the other way round from the pattern)

    ReplyDelete