Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Vintage dress from Simplicity

I found last winter this pattern:


A vintage pattern from Simplicity 9080 from the 70s.

The dress with front tucks and back zipper has stand-up collar, set-in sleeves and optional button trim.

Version 1 I made has self fabric tie ends and mini lenght.

I imagined the mini length dress in a light grey color fabric...


and I found a light cotton grey fabric... but it was a rest fabric, I could become only 1,30 m (1 3/8 yard) so I couldn't make the dress with it :-(  ...   the dress V.1 for example required 1 7/8 yard!



Whatever ... I made it!


I used all centimetres from the fabric! :-)




I must make some alterations:



- I reduced the height from the collar, the sleevebands and the tie ends by about 2,5cm (1 inch). They are normally twice as much!! But it was fashionable in the 70's!!!


-   I wanted a fall dress so I didn't want to sew the short sleeves, but I didn't have enough fabric for the long sleeves, so I used the piece from long sleeves and cute the sleeves in 3/4 length. I sewed  the sleeve bands about 30,5 cm (12 inches)

 -I made FBA (2,5 cm - 1 inch) too.











I love the front pleats and the strict stand-up collar, and the combination with the tie ends give the dress a casual touch!



I love it! :-)













I used an invisible zipper.

The darts at the shoulders give the dress a very good fit!!













The fall is coming... but I have already the dress for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment